Are you worried because you received a notice to appear before an immigration judge for possible deportation? The lawyers at Latorre Law Firm are here to advise you, accompany you, and help you remain in the United States.
Our team has the experience and empathy to represent your case and provide legal options to choose the most appropriate for your case. For example, one of the defense tools available may be the application for Cancellation of Removal or Cancellation of Removal for non-permanent residents.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I QUALIFY FOR CANCELLATION OF REMOVAL?
To be eligible under this application, it is necessary to establish before a judge that:
- You have physically resided in the United States continuously for the past 10 years, prior to receiving notice to appear in Court.
- In case of having left the country, this period of absence has not exceeded 180 days or 90 days in the case of a trip.
- You have demonstrated good conduct and good moral character during these ten years.
- You have not been convicted of serious crimes, such as robbery, domestic violence, or drug offenses.
- Your deportation could cause significant hardship for your family legally residing in the United States, whether it be your spouse, parents, or children.
Our team of lawyers, and in particular the deportation lawyer assigned to your case, will provide evidence to the immigration judge that stipulates the above points.
If the judge rules in your favor, you will obtain Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status and be allowed to stay in the United States.
Although the immigration judge may grant or deny the application, our reputation precedes us. If denied, your deportation lawyer may appeal the judge’s decision before the Immigration Appeals Council, always ensuring your safety and peace of mind.
It is our duty to explore all possible alternatives, such as pardons, exemptions, asylum, adjustment of immigration status, or voluntary departure.
We know what it means physically and emotionally to be involved in removal proceedings. We understand the concern, fear and stress that these situations cause for working families in the United States, who only want to improve their quality of life and give opportunities to the new generations with quality education and honest professions.
Let us be your trusted ally through a solid and efficient legal defense.
Contact our team of legal advisors or ask to speak with one of our deportation attorneys to evaluate your case and prepare a strategy for action.
Remember that our priority is to protect immigrants from unfair deportation.